As a small business owner, you go into work every day looking to make productive choices that will ensure your company prospers. But, are you looking in the right places? At Sound Business Services (SBS), we firmly support small business owners and seek to provide that support in an effective way. Taking just 15 minutes out of your busy day to work on your business, rather than simply in it, could have a huge impact on the productivity and success of your company.
We want to help you grow your business in the right direction. A mere 15 minutes just once a day allows for introspection on the way in which your company is being run. It gives you an opportunity to take a step back, look at the bigger picture and identify new ways to grow in a positive direction.
That being said, 15 minutes is a short period of time. What you do with that time is extremely important. Here are a few tips on how to use your 15 minutes wisely:
- Find the time. This may seem obvious, but it’s beneficial to decide ahead of time when you’re going to schedule this out. If you’re not a morning person, then the minute you walk into the office may not be the best choice for you. However, planning this time before you get caught up in the bustle of the workday will probably serve you best. Planning for 9-9:15 a.m., for example, allows you to start this process with a clearer head, unhindered by the general pandemonium that happens around the office.
- Don’t overthink it. Try not to get caught up in the fact that this is only 15 minutes of your day. Success doesn’t happen overnight, and you’re allowed to play around with this idea and make it your own. Don’t expect immediate perfection – you’re only human and have to start somewhere! A successful, small business owner takes it one step at a time.
- Take it seriously. This is your time – so, in other words, don’t waste it. Time is money, especially when running a small business. Pinpoint those loose ends that you’ve been avoiding, no matter how small. Every aspect of how your business runs flows into the bigger picture of how well it succeeds.
- Find your focus. Whether you’re dealing with making new hires, cultivating a strong office atmosphere, streamlining processes, or creating a healthier balance between life and work, choose one thing to focus on everyday. Remember, your time is valuable and you should treat it that way. At SBS, we understand small business owners have so many responsibilities, often sending them in many different directions. Finding your focus helps you zero in on what is most pressing that day, and although your obligations may change quickly from day-to-day, using your 15 minutes wisely establishes the structure of how your workday is going to play out.
- Take control. Some days more than others, it can be difficult to actually step back and wrap your head around the bigger picture. However, as a small business owner, you must do this in order to grow and reach your untapped potential. After all, you built this company and your employees are depending on you to lead them. This allotted time can be used for more than just looking into how your company functions; it can be an opportunity for you to get to know yourself better, as well. A strong business needs a strong leader.
Let’s Work Smarter Together!
Running any business – especially a smaller one – takes time and dedication. At SBS, we are all about change and helping our customers transform their businesses.
As you may know, we recently launched our Facebook business page, and are so pleased with the early results – and humbled by your outpouring of support in our endeavor. We simply cannot grow without it, and our #1 goal in business is for you to grow, succeed, and live happy and healthy lives.
That said, we would love for you to share your own personal journey and story on our Facebook page, perhaps touching on how you allot your time to work on your business.
Let’s make this movement together. Work toward establishing a stronger business by taking the time out of your day to take a closer look into how your company functions – and where it thrives.
Although it may sound like a daunting task at first, don’t worry because SBS will be with you every step of the way! Contact us to share your experiences, or if you have any questions at all, and together we can visualize and create the path toward building better business.